Monday, August 6, 2012

The Other 1%

I think there is another 1%...
There is a small (but hopefully growing) subset of the population who are basically happy, and grateful for what they do have and for their friends and family... who do not spread negative press or cause/join needless conflict... who do not think that compassion means weakness or that acceptance means ignorance... who appreciate life, love, peace, and good cheer... who are more amazed and awed at the smallest, most delightful of spiritual things than they are angry and resentful at the largest, most outrageous of material things... who realize that true wealth is there for the asking, if one is willing to give up the fight against nothing.
I belong to this Other 1%.
Who's with me?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Very cool. The way I try to spread this concept is simple. I show others by example. I speak (and write) kindly. I try to promote positive ideas. I'm on Twitter as @DocRaumzeit. I include the hashtag #TheOtherOnePerCent.
      I'm not collecting followers, I just like walking side-by-side with people who believe that love can change the world.

      Delete
  2. If I was on twitter I would follow you! I stumbled upon one of your comments on Norse Mythology Blog and followed you here... It almost like reading a guide to my thoughts, if only i had the ability to put my scattered thoughts into such eloquent words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kindly comment!
      I now have a companion blog which is all about shopping and eating local. Though several thousand kilometers out of your neck of the woods, the philosophy is the same. You can check it out here: http://lee-d-gothro.blogspot.com/
      I also have a Facebook presence as Lee Gothro or Dr.Raumzeit ...feel free to friend me!

      Delete